The week in review:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. stepped out at the Country Music Awards
- This awesome Man Cave happened
- Patrick Reynolds gave five good reasons why the Sprint Cup needs a dirt race
- Carl Edwards went on The Price is Right and gave away … a new car!!!
- Our own Jay W. Pennell made some of the best young drivers in the country eat dirt
- NASCAR Fan Crime Spree 2009 continued
- We learned what dogs think about NASCAR
- Dan Farkas wrote about Denny Hamlin going all Denny Hamlin on Jeff Gordon
- Chris M. created this flowchart for determining if you are a NASCAR fan
- We fell in love with SPEED’s Robyn Green
- Dale Watermill did the math and figured out that Mark Martin has a 12 percent shot at winning the title
Comment of the week
In response to Patrick Reynolds’ list of five reasons why the Sprint Cup needs dirt track races, Oldtimer Racer made this comment: "I totally agree with you. I have been saying that for years. I have enjoyed watching David Pearson, Buddy Baker, Richard Petty and others broadslide thru the turns at Lincoln Speedway in Hanover Pa. back in the mid 60′s. They used to race dirt/clay, road course, asphalt, short and long tracks. They could use the same cars they race now, Just change the shocks,springs and sway bars and of coarse gear ratio’s. It would be great for the sport and creat New Fans and oldtimers like me. There is a large list of great tracks, like Eldora, Hagerstown, Lincoln, Williams Grove just to name a few. But knowing how Mr. France thinks. It will never happen."
Thanks for signing your comment, Oldtimer Racer!