The 2016 Sprint Cup season continues is west coast swing with a stop at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. While a field of 39 will compete, the NASCAR odds for Sunday’s Auto Club 400 suggest only a handful of drivers have a shot of getting to Victory Lane Sunday in Fontana.
There are two this week; both Kevin Harvick and Jimmie Johnson are each 9/2. Harvick won last week and has led the most laps of any Sprint Cup driver in 2016.
Johnson is the most successful driver at Auto Club Speedway. In 21 career starts, Johnson has five wins. Only six times has he finished worse than tenth. Either can and should contend on the two-mile track.
Three other drivers are under 10/1. Defending Sprint Cup champion Kyle Busch is 11/2. Both Matt Kenseth and Joey Logano are 15/2.
- Kyle Busch has three wins at Fontana and is third when it comes to average finishing position at Fontana.
- Kenseth has three wins at Auto Club, though he has struggled this Sprint Cup season.
- Logano hasn’t fared well at Auto Club, with a dozen other drivers having a better average finish.
Carl Edwards and Dale Earnhardt Jr. are 10/1. Edwards, who almost won last week in Las Vegas, has the second best average finish among active drivers at Auto Club.
Kurt Busch and Brad Keselowski are 12/1. Of the two, Keselowski won here last year; it’s Busch with the better overall record.
Denny Hamlin and Martin Truex Jr. are both 15/1. From there, there is a big drop.
- Kyle Larson and Kasey Kahne are 25/1.
- Rookies Ryan Blaney and Chase Elliott are 30/1.
- The rest is Long Shot City.
Of this mob, Larson and Dillion have the best average finishes, though neither has a win here.
Here’s how your favorite driver stacks up in the NASCAR odds for Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. Enjoy the final race of this western swing, and insert a random catchphrase here.