Latest 3 Articles
BRAD KESELOWSKI OVERCOMES PAINS AND ODDS TO WIN AT POCONO RACEWAY
LONG POND, Pa._ Odds are you didn’t have Brad Keselowski as your pick to win Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Pocono Raceway. On Wednesday of l... more
No any photos yet.
No any videos yet.
Warning: Illegal string offset 'profile_photo' in /home/alllefturns/public_html/wp-content/themes/ALT/tpart-basicinfo.php on line 14
Drivers and fans often complain of cookie cutter racetracks. You won’t hear those complaints about Pocono.
Completed in 1968, the 2.5 miles tri-oval is unique at every point. Three straightaways have three different lengths. Three turns have three different degrees of banking. Every aspect of a driver and team will be tested, which you can’t say at several tracks on tour.
From a fans perspective, Pocono is known for being extremely fan friendly, with one of the better tailgating setups. Think anti-Kentucky. This is vacation season; so enjoy these fun facts before the race Sunday at 1 EDT on TNT.
- Pocono’s frontstretch is a super whopping 3,740 feet.
- Pocono’s backstretch is a whopping 3,055 feet.
- The banking is 14 degrees at Turn 1, 8 degrees at Turn 2 and 6 degrees at Turn 3.
- There is 2 degree banking on the stratghtaways.
- The shortstretch at Pocono just 1,780 feet.
- Denny Hamlin and Greg Biffle won the races at Pocono last year.
- Hamlin has the best average finish at the track and has won here four times.
- Wonder who I’m taking in the odds column later this week?
- Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin and Tony Stewart have the second through fifth best average finishes. Martin is the only one of the four to have not won here twice.
- Martin has 49 starts at Pocono and zero wins.
- Kurt Busch and Carl Edwards have also won twice at Pocono.
- The Pocono track is located on Long Pond Road. I don’t know why that makes me giggle.
- Pocono is building its own solar energy farm which is now online.
- The track does allow fanny packs. Whew.
- The track offers free parking. Kids under 12 get in free Friday and Saturday.
- Standing on the seats is prohibited. Don’t do it. Or else something will happen.
- The track also enforces the Pennsylvania Clean Air Act, or the “Suck it smokers. You can’t light up at the track act” as I call it.
- There is nowhere to buy supplies for those camping on the infield. They also don’t let folks back in the infield camping area; so bring plenty of toilet paper, grilled meat and hydration.