‘SHUT UP & DRIVE” HE SAID!
Want to be famous? Get into the NASCAR Sprint Cup series and cross Danica Patrick. How many of you actually knew David Gilliland was still racing before Sunday? I figur... more
FUEL MILEAGE IS STRATEGY AND STRATEGY IS A PART OF RACING
The race isn’t always to the swift. Sometimes, the dominant team doesn’t always win. Just ask the Miami Heat after Game 2 of the NBA finals. In this instance,... more
BRAD KESELOWSKI WINS KANSAS WITH PLENTY OF FUEL
One week after running out of gas on the final lap, it appeared Dale Earnhardt Jr. was going to be in the catbird seat Sunday at Kansas Speedway. With more fuel than the ... more
No any photos yet.
No any videos yet.
Warning: Illegal string offset 'profile_photo' in /home/alllefturns/public_html/wp-content/themes/ALT/tpart-basicinfo.php on line 14
Kansas Speedway is one of the newer venues on the Sprint Cup. But it has developed a quick reputation for being one of the better passing tracks on tour. Because of the robust fan support, Kansas added a second race last year and is circled on the calendars o fmany fans this 2013 Sprint Cup season.
Kansas is a tri-oval with three different degrees of banking. Crew chiefs have said they struggle keeping the tires clean because of the banking. Drivers have praised the track because they get long runs under a green flag. After last week's race, fans may not like that. But the drivers like it. Also, fuel mileage might be an issue, somehting else fans love...
This is a passionate fan base who will see drivers who like to come here. It should make for an entertaining Saturday night.
Now some facts to impress your friends with, courtesy of the track's website, as FOX provides race coverage Sunday at 1.
- Track banking is 15 degrees in the turns, 10.4 degrees in the front stretch and 5 degrees in the back stretch.
- The track pavement width is 55 feet.
- Jimmie Johnson is one of four drivers with two wins at the track and holds the highest average finish among active drivers here.
- Greg Biffle, Brad Keselowski, Carl Edwards and Jeff Gordon have the second through fifth best active finishing positions among active drivers.
- Biffle, Gordon and Tony Stewart have all won here twice with Johnson.
- Matt Kenseth and Denny Hamlin won races at Kansas last year.
- Kansas is compared most often to Chicagoland, which is most often compared to Indianapolis.
- The top qualifying speed topped 180 mph; so these guys will cook with some gas Sunday
- Parking is free for fans.
- Get there early because Blueberry Smoke performs live before the race.