A random sampling of stories making their way through NASCAR.
Hotlanta, baby, one of the fastest tracks on the circuit. Fireball Roberts (above) won the first race at the track in 1960. But before the travelling circus makes its stop in Hampton, there are stories that need to be considered.
* The legendary Wood Brothers, winners of 96 races, rate their last Atlanta win as among their sweetest, says the Charlotte Observer.
* Jeff Gordon understandably confident that his winless streak will come to an end sooner, not later, says DelawareOnline.
* Frontstretch.com thinks we might indeed be witnessing something of a renaissance of the single-car team.
* NASCAR.com likes the look of the topsy-turvy early season.
* SI.com suggests that Helio Castroneves’ trial for tax evasion could prove illustrative for all race car drivers.