Danica Patrick is coming to NASCAR. On Tuesday Patrick said that she will race the No. 7 car for JR Motorsports part-time next season in the Nationwide Series. At a press conference that was streamed live to the Internet, Patrick made the announcement alongside JR Motorsports co-owner Kelley Earnhardt and Bob Parsons, CEO of GoDaddy.com, which will be her primary sponsor. Tony Eury Jr. will be Patrick’s crew chief. And now we’ll never have to write about Danica Patrick ever again.
- Patrick will participate in the ARCA test Dec. 18-20 at Daytona
- Patrick is approved for competition on all Nationwide and Truck tracks
- Kelley Earnhardt expects Patrick to run in the top 15
- Patrick’s last time behind the wheel of a stock car was seven to eight years ago in a Busch car at Greenville-Pickens
- GoDaddy.com’s Parsons says the thought of Patrick in a Sprint Cup car makes his "eyes twinkle," which is totally creepy, if you have ever seen his eyes
- Kelley Earnhardt is looking very good these days
Patrick signs with JR Motorsports (ESPN)