Traveling at speeds of up to 200 mph in heavy traffic requires skill, guts and passing driver's ed. With the start of the season less than a month away, a few drivers are scrambling to renew their NASCAR Driver's Licenses. Here are samples from the 2010 NASCAR Driver's License test.
1. Going into Turn 2 at Bristol, you have been involved in a minor collision, do you:
a. report the incident to a NASCAR official
b. exchange insurance information with the other driver
c. put him in the wall in Turn 3
3. You are about to make a left turn. You must signal:
a. when you are 50 feet away from turn
b. if other motorists are present
c. it's just a sticker
4. The Commitment Line signifies...
a. the beginning of pit road
b. the dimensions of your pit box
c. that you and your crew chief want to take your relationship to the "next level"
5. If your car becomes disabled on the track...
a. stay in your car until roadside assistance arrives
b. set off road flares to warn other drivers
c. get out and throw your helmet at the car of the offending driver
6. Continuous hard braking should be applied...
a. when approaching the Commitment Line
b. when approaching your pit box
c. if you're Jamie McMurray on restarts
d. all of the above
7. Which of the following describes the thinking of a defensive driver?
a. slow and steady wins the race
b. the first 495 miles at Daytona
c. the opposite of what Juan Pablo Montoya is thinking
8. On the final lap, you approach the leader. What do you need to be mindful of?
a. always pass on the left
b. objects in the driver's mirror appear smaller than in real life
c. 'be careful, Rusty, he's going to slingshot past you!'
9. A "track bar adjustment"...
a. adjusts the suspension on the rear of axle, often used for help in the middle of turns
b. is another term that describes the rear spoiler
c. should be done in the privacy of your own home
10. Regardless of what place you finish, what should you say in the post-race interview?
a. the folks at the [car manufacturer] [sponsor-name] car did a great job
b. i'm really proud of how our team handled themselves today.
c. that Brad Keselowski is a complete whack job! (Denny Hamlin only)